Tenants’ Advisory Group
Centacare Evolve Housing values the voice of our tenants and we facilitate a Tenants’ Advisory Group (TAG) as a way to gain feedback and help inform us about our service delivery. The Brighton group meets every two months. This group, was established to ensure the perspective of tenants and the community were include in the decisions we are making.
Group members are a key link between tenants, the community and Centacare Evolve Housing.
“If someone had a problem with Centacare Evolve Housing or how it was affecting them I would feel responsible to bring it to this group of TAG, invite them to come to TAG. If they didn’t want to come, I would feel like I could on their behalf to work out a solution.” (Brighton Tenancy Advisory Group member)
Community Development and Engagement Reference Group
The Community Development and Engagement Reference Group provides an opportunity for residents and local services to inform Centacare Evolve Housing’s community engagement and development activities. In the Brighton area, this includes the implementation of the Master Plan. Members include tenants, residents, the local area police command and a range of service providers. The group is critical for us to work collaboratively and in partnership with others in the community.
Neighbourhood Leadership Program – Communications Skills and Tools
Expressions of Interest
The Neighbourhood Leadership Program is a community capacity building program, developed by Centacare Evolve Housing, as part of the Community Wellbeing Strategy, to build community connection and improve wellbeing.
This year’s program will focus on mentoring local community members to improve communication skills and utilise tools to run successful community projects and events, and get your message out there.
- You will be over the age of 18
- Open to anyone in the community wanting to learn new communications skills and be exposed to communications tools
- We ask that you have the ability to complete the program over the 12-week period.
- The program will run across six sessions. Each session will be two hours and it will be delivered over a 12-week period, from Friday 23 July to 1 Oct 2021
- The sessions are focused on upskilling and developing different forms of communication
- Guest speakers/trainers from a range of organisations will be on hand to provide training around communications, i.e. – Canva for publishing
- We will build a network of opportunities within the group, which will allow for connections to grow
- Throughout the training, there will be opportunities to develop a communication proposal/plan for a chosen project
- There is an opportunity for possible seed funding to develop the project idea.
- A commitment of two hours per fortnight during term three is required
- Participants are expected to complete the entire program
- The group will meet on Friday mornings 10am to 12pm at the Centacare Evolve Housing Office, Green point Road, Bridgewater
- We can facilitate online participation if required.
- There is no cost to complete this program
- All training materials and technology will be provided.
- Please visit our office to complete an Expression of Interest form (Shop 2, 28 Greenpoint Road, Bridgewater) or online through this link.
- Expressions of Interest will open on Thursday 1 July and close Monday 12 July
- Participants will be advised shortly after, with a planned start date of Friday 23 July.
If you have any questions Please contact Elise on 03 6173 0060
As part of its role in the community, Centacare Evolve Housing seeks to contribute to growing a vibrant and hopeful place that values the dignity and worth of each person. Improving individual, family and community wellbeing requires a holistic approach that addresses all aspects of life. We have designed the following programs to respond to needs identified through community consultation.
Build Up Tassie: This is Centacare Evolve Housing’s construction work readiness program that provides one on one coaching, skill development opportunities and site experience in the Brighton, Derwent Valley and Glenorchy areas. Click here to find out more about the Build Up Tassie program.
Support for clients at risk: Tenants and their families may need support at times to ensure their tenancies are safe and sustainable.
Centacare Evolve Housing’s client support coordination works with tenancies that are at risk due to breach of their Lease Agreement. These situations are often complex and need several services to work together with the aim of supporting families to maintain their tenancy and stay in their home.
The program’s focus is on developing better outcomes across all of the domains that contribute to individual, family and community wellbeing. Our support coordinator provides outreach intervention, develops case plans and facilitates referral pathways to bring key services together.